Search This Blog

Thursday, May 14, 2020

VOGUE

HELLO

In this post I will be analyse the cover of magazine  VOGUE.
I will do this to correctly create my own magazine cover.




The cover has  subdued colors, shades of green and brown. It goes well together, gives a breath of freshness and soothes. However, these colors can be depressing, giving the knowledge of sadness.
The most striking is the huge white VOGUE inscription on the very top of the cover.  I think that white color is a good idea because it does not mix with other colors and is very visible, which works positively.
Then the month is given, the inscription is barely visible.
The figure of the model is completely on the cover,  she has messy hair, which can introduce some chaos. Her face is directed towards the viewer, which also makes the potential reader pay attention. All inscriptions are given on the sides, which makes it transparent, simplistic and minimal.  The colour inscriptions are different, black and white, it is pleasant but it can make someone perplexed, why such colors? why this color to this topic? 

I noticed that usually the number on the covers of magazines must appear, I think that  it attracts a lot of attention and forces you to read. There are also names of people who can be read inside the magazine. 

Looking at this cover I feel as if the model's eyes are piercing me deeply, this means that I cannot leave the magazine indifferently and I must pay attention to it. I also have a bad feeling when this look is fixed on me, asking for reading. 

see you in the next post !

Bye :)


Reference:



1 comment:

  1. Good that you have looked at this but remeber to relate this to your own work - why are you looking at this and why is this useful?

    ReplyDelete