Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Research of journalists

Recently, I was looking for journalists who mainly write about animals. Unfortunately, there are few such journalists but I was able to find some interesting ones.

One of them is Brittany Shammas






She is a General assignment reporter for "The Washington Post". She previously worked worked for the Miami "New Times" and the South Florida "Sun Sentinel".
The article that caught my attention was just about the hard fate of koalas in Australia. Refer to my big project.
Her article is clery and very accurate. It contains a lot of quotes and mentions of other pages. Articles are are written in a simple way so that as many people as possible can understand it.
At the end she also put in references so that readers would not limit themselves to just one article.

I think that  her article is too short and it contain a lot of  many separate paragraphs. However, anyone interested in their article because they take an active part in the comments and discuss this topic. As a consequence, I liked the article and learned many things from it, so I am positively surprised.

Unfortunately, I can't find information about Brittany, because she is not a very public person and I think he does not want people to know a lot about her just to focus on what he writes.



The other journalist I found is Reis Thebault.

He is National and breaking news reporter for "The Washington Post". He has worked on the local desks of the Boston Globe and the Columbus Dispatch. He joined The Washington Post in June 2018. About his life is also less information.



He wrote the article based on the video showing cruelty to the horse. So, it is also about my project. His article is also clery and it is wrote the simply language. Contains a lot of references to other information. It is short but has all the important information. 

In this case, you can also see the discussions of people in the comments about the article that makes the article interesting and well-written. I think that the both  articles are very similar in terms of language and style.

If you want find out more inforamtion I invite you to my references. 
In the next post I show you my work on my major project. See you soon.

References:






1 comment:

  1. You needed to research and discuss the writing in the articles not teh journalists! You needed to really understand what makes a good artcke and the language and style of that article to inform your own!

    ReplyDelete