Search This Blog

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Stephen Daldry

Hello

Today I will introduce you the next producer-  Stephen Daldry


He is English film and theatre Director "know for his sensitive and nuanced treatments of stories featuring conflicted characters" Pallardy (2020).


One of his short film "Billy Elliot" was nominated for several Academy Awards, including best Director. The film is about the boy who finds refuge in ballet.

Unfortunately, i didn't seen this film so I can't recommend it but I thing that it could be a good movie.





 
                   
                    Stephen Daldry              
                                                                                                                Billy Elliot


         Billy Elliot 

Although, I saw another his film: "Eight".



                      "Eight"( 1998)

This film is about young boy, who is a soccer fan. He has to come to terms with living in a strange new town and the loss of his father. It's a short  film from 1998.

I chose this film, because it's different from many movies. For example, is different in terms of film sharpness and narrative. Daldry used diegetic and nondiegetic sound to viewer can experience what the hero. Film focus isn't accurate, blurry. I don't like it because I have no pleasure watching this movie. The lighting is dark (low key lighting) so we don't see many things.

Thanks to that I know what to pay attention to when making and editing a movie, I know what and what it looks like.

See you in the next post! 


Reference: 








1 comment:

  1. Your research is very minimal and just saying you don't like it because it is a bit dark again is not very in-depth - please add to this and discuss how it informs your work

    ReplyDelete