Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Project Ideas

Hello 

I have been thinking how to prepare my project for several days. It's difficutl for me because I'm a person who can't change your thoughts into something real. 

I would like to make a short film about me, about my changes in terms of fashion and psychology, what it gave me, how these changes in my life helped me.

I found some inspirations but I still don't have the full vision of the project.

This video I liked it very much and to some extent I would like to do something similar.

















               TURNT Fashion Film 2018

Black and white photos, characterization and character movements are great, captivated me. However, Video sounds are not something that I would like to use, they do not appeal to me.
Iwould like to add my voice or caption in my film but I know thai it can be more difficult without professional equipment.

The next inspiration is video which I found when I was looking for fashion directors and I found it on the website : Cadence Film. The video is created by Quentin Jones,  
mixed-media artist and filmmaker. She create black and white, surrealist videos.

















                        Punk Stories

This video presents Cara Delevingne who is presented in punk style. The video is different than previous video, because it contains a lot of chaotic, 3D elements, is presented in a surreal way. The whole is interesting and I like it but it is not a viedo that I could watch all the time. There are very many elements that are not typical for ordinary videos. She expresses the emotions of this culture not only through clothing but also through body expression, feelings. You can see that the author focuses more on post production, editing than just filming. She try focus on design and special effects.


First, I thought that my video would consist of my old and present photos, to show my change, in many ways. But now I think that the video also consists of my photos but they would express emotions. I would like to use the colors of the costumes and convey how everyone sees them and what I feel when performing a given activity. I would focus on expressing emotions through both mode and color, of course, in the light of the possibilities I have during today's situation (epidemic).




















                               




                                     Photo 1.

This photo shows more or less what I mean. The colours that the kids are wearing reflect their emotions.  
















                                     Photo 2.

This screen-shot shows how many emotions one color can convey. 


Photo 3. 

I like this quote very much, it's real.


As for the project, I'm still not sure how I would like to use these ideas.

 Thank you 


See Ya!
Reference:



First video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5exTHSBFvc&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR3BGIitv1WZtsK79lrkcD11dTjb18sxs1PWBJgGsvj3mXGafj0qrx9uvkk


Second video- http://cadence-films.com/director/quentin-jones/vogue-punk-story/



Photo 1.-  https://publicystyka.ngo.pl/powiat-gostynski-dziecko-sie-zlosci-czyli-o-uczuciach-i-emocjach
Photo 2.- https://www.positivebranding.co.uk/the-psychology-of-colours-in-clothing/
Photo 3.- https://www.positivebranding.co.uk/the-psychology-of-colours-in-clothing/

























1 comment:

  1. Jagoda
    filming is not really an option this term as we are socially distancing and isolating and so far you have already struggled with film projects - the only way you could do something filmic is to perhaps do a vlog on you tube about a topic which just has yourself in this - I am not sure I would advise this though. You need to consider where you skills lie and make the best of these and what can be achieve in lockdown please consider other ideas and you could just write an article on film or on any subject as you were thinking about moving to communication arts this may be a good way to consider a social (very well researched) article

    ReplyDelete